Representative examples of project assignments:
- Independent Expert advice and Technical Due Diligence provided to engineering company for review of partial oxidation and ammonia plant design, environmental impact and process licensor guarantees.
- Independent report for WA RAC on WA’s gasoline and diesel fuels terminalling, depot and retail distribution, including pricing analysis and recommendations for enhancements to WA’s Petroleum Products Pricing Act for controlled products and import parity pricing.
- Expert witness services provided on behalf of EPA Victoria to assist the Tribunal in VCAT proceedings. Prepared expert reports and presented evidence at the Tribunal proceedings concerning gasification technologies, IGCC plant operations, syngas treatment, sulphur removal and carbon capture technology developments.
- Expert reports prepared in patent opposition proceedings concerning cryogenic techniques for separating carbon dioxide from natural gas. Expert opinion provided on novelty claims and processes being patented, including technical assessment and comparison with existing extraction technologies.
- Forensic accounting investigations, detailed review of gas plant design and commissioning, product supply and commercial contracts for client in New Zealand. Expert reports on crude oil market valuations and tank farm operations were presented at court arbitration proceedings.
- Prepared and presented expert witness reports for the WA Crown Solicitor concerning oil company gasoline supply availabilities in WA, state-wide terminal operations, primary distribution and logistics, truck loading and secondary distribution to retail outlets.
- Technical investigations, energy audit, contract review and due diligence support for client’s potential purchase of powerhouse assets in WA, including fuel optimization and fuel oil / diesel supply options for emergency supplies.
- Retained by insurance firm for technical and commercial advice and assistance, and expert opinion in connection with Longford Gas Plant explosion.
- Provided technical assistance to insurance and legal firms including expert reports on design, construction and commissioning of an LPG extraction plant. Advice covered a detailed investigation of plant incidents leading to an Alumina refinery power plant shut-down. The assignment also included comprehensive business interruption production loss assessments.